Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I won't repeat this again - I'm sure this time!!

Ghosh..its so damn hard when you are swinging between the loving mom and the disciplined mom Status. She always has the same thing to say - Mumma..I won't repeat this again...I'm sure this time..I promise....and many a times this gives a kickstart to the same dialogue session when I try to tell her each time in all possible ways that its not the first time I am hearing this from her...
                                                             
Hmmphhh......pleeaaase someone tell me who teaches these kiddos such dialogues!!! SHe'll cr over the milk..Its done..she'll cry over wearing the shoes...done again..she'll sob clarifying..I'll hug her and talk to her...once in a week, she'll get ONE from me. Yes..mommies, I know, we shouldn't take to hitting...But don't tell me you never did!!!
Reward sessions are an old trick now....
losing a fav toy means Mom is blackmailing..teaching how to blackmail!!
Soft talks means there is plenty of time to waste or that Mom is weak this time
Yelling means its okay to shout when you are angry...    
Not talking mode means cold wars are acceptable.

 I have heard kids learn from actions they see at home and this leaves me Nowhere..then how to beahve..how to react..they are so much smarter than we think. WIth those pretty :-) faces and with those gloomy poor faces :-(, they know when the iron is hot enough to give a strike!!! Mommying is a never ending learning. She makes me think over something I said myself. I told her its okay to get angry and you can kick out your anger..but in your own room...without harming or destroying and we talk when you're done...THAT'S IT!! She got the trick..Now that means I can at least kick legs on my bed whenever and however much I want to..then why do you tell me to learn to control and behave...even if its unnecessary...I am angry and you said its okay  to be angry . SIGH!!!

2 comments: